Jill-Elizabeth.com will accept contributions of original fiction, poetry, book reviews, and original non-fiction related to reading and/or writing for publication consideration.
General Criteria for Contributions
- Submitted works may be published previously on the author’s own website, as long as a linkback and/or electronic reference is made on the author’s own site to the posting on Jill-Elizabeth.com.
- All submitted works will be reviewed for appropriateness and content, and the author will be notified in a timely manner (generally within the week) whether the work is accepted for publication on Jill-Elizabeth.com. If a work is accepted, the author will be notified of the proposed publication date as soon as it is determined, and will be sent an email with a direct link the day the post goes live.Jill-Elizabeth.com is an all-ages website.
- All submitted works must be appropriate for viewing by readers of all ages. Submitted works should not contain obscene or adult language, adult content, or graphic depictions of violence, sex, or mature situations.
- Jill-Elizabeth.com is a website devoted to reading and writing. Please bear this in mind when deciding what to submit. Fictional works on any and all topics will be considered, because they are fundamentally about writing. Non-fiction works will only be considered if they are germane to the overall website theme.
- All submitted works must contain a brief biographical statement that will be included in the published post. This may contain a link to the author’s website and/or email address. Photographs/images and links may be provided, but Jill-Elizabeth.com reserves the right to determine whether they are included in the published post.
Book Review Criteria
At this time, Jill-Elizabeth.com will accept book reviews in the following genres:
- Young Adult
- Science Fiction/Fantasy
- Cultural Analyses/Criticism
At this time, Jill-Elizabeth.com is NOT accepting reviews of the following:
- Harlequin-Type Romance Novels
- Spiritual/Christian Works
- Self-Help or Relationship Advice Books
Please note that these lists generally track with the criteria for submitting books for review. These lists are not exhaustive; questions about the acceptability of a specific proposed review may be addressed to JillElizabeth@Jill-Elizabeth.com.